Five Tips On How To Sell Your House In Chicago – Fast!
The city of Chicago is one of the best places to live, and the hot real estate market in the city is a sure indicator of its popularity. But whether you’re looking to move farther into the suburbs, you need to relocate due to work, or you’re just looking for a change of pace, there may come a time when you need to sell your house in Chicago – fast!
“How can I sell my house fast?” you may ask yourself. “What should I be doing to ensure a quick sale?”. In this article, we’ll give you all of the answers that you need! Check it out, and learn how you can sell your house in Chicago fast, no matter where you live.
1. Prep Your House for a Spring or Summer Sale (And Price It Right)
80% of all moves happen between April and September, and this is especially true in Chicago, where wintry weather can make moving quite a hassle. Why does everyone want to move in April-September? Well, there are a few reasons!
- Better weather – Would you rather move your couch into a U-Haul when it’s 75 degrees and sunny, or 20 degrees and raining? It’s not exactly a head-scratcher! The weather is usually warm and sunny in Chicago during the spring and summer, which makes it easier to move.
- Kids are out of school – This makes it easier to move to a new school district and to keep kids occupied during the process of moving house.
- Leases are ending – In Chicago, like many cities around the country, most leases run a full calendar year, and end on July or June 31st. If a family is considering the purchase of a home, they’re likely to time their purchase so that they can move in immediately after terminating their rental agreement and lease.
So if you really want to move your home fast, get it ready for a sale before April. You should also price it right – you don’t want to accept an offer that’s under market value, but you shouldn’t hold out for an extra couple thousand dollars above market value. Price your house to sell!
2. Pro, Pro, Pro Photo Shoot
A professional photo shoot is absolutely essential if you want to sell your home fast in Chicago. Just about everyone starts their home search with online tools like Zillow these days. So if you want to generate a lot of interest quickly, you definitely want to hire a professional real estate photographer.
This may cost you a couple hundred bucks, but professional photos can bring out the best in your home, and lead to a rapid sale. In fact, professional real estate photography can add thousands of dollars to the value of your home during the selling process!
3. Lights, Staging, Action!
Great lighting is very important, both during photography sessions and in-home showings. It may sound strange, but a well-lit home is much more appealing than a dimly-lit home. So consider adding a few more lamps around the home, and make sure they’re all on when you show your home!
You can also consider “staging” your home. Staging services bring in their own furniture, decorations, and other items. Then, they set them up to make your home look it’s very best – both during photography sessions and open houses.
If you have already removed all of your personal belongings, or you don’t have the best furniture in your home, staging is a great way to help your home live up to its full potential – and get the best price on a quick sale!
4. Get That Curb Appeal
If you want to sell your home in Chicago fast, you shouldn’t spend too much time or money on renovations. However, you should invest in some basic improvements that improve the curb appeal of your home. First impressions are very important.
While a buyer is likely to overlook a few things like a leaky faucet or a dent in a wall, they may be turned off if they are presented with a shabby, run-down house as soon as they step onto your property.
Here are a few easy ways to enhance curb appeal:
- Deck or patio cleaning – A front deck or patio is a great addition to your home, so make sure it looks its best. Use patio or deck soap, and scrub away dirt, grime, and plant growth.
- House and roof washing – Got grungy, dirty siding, or a roof with algae? Hire a professional cleaner to blast them away with a power washer!
- Front door repainting – You can repaint your front door for about 30 bucks, and this will dramatically increase the curb appeal of your home.
- Upgrade your mailbox – Got a rubber mailbox, or a run-down mailbox? Replace it with a new one for enhanced curb appeal.
- Take a look at your landscaping – Simply pulling some weeds and planting some new flowers can do quite a bit for the facade of your home.
5. Clean, Clean & Clean Some More
The inside of your home should be spotless. From bedrooms to recreation rooms, living areas, and (especially) kitchens and bathrooms, any potential home buyer shouldn’t see a speck of dirt!
Don’t have the time to clean your own house from top to bottom? Consider hiring a cleaning service. It’s worth the investment if you want to sell your house fast in Chicago!
Follow These Simple Tips To Sell Your Home Fast In Chicago!
If you’re thinking about selling your home in Chicago, and you want to sell it faster than the median 86 days that Chicago houses spend on the market, this guide is sure to help. Follow our tips now, and sell your home fast in Chicago!
Max Cash Home Offers offers instant cash offers on houses nationwide. We do not provide legal or financial advice. For information on foreclosure, eviction or any other legal situation make sure you contact a local attorney.
Author: Ryan Cruz
Ryan received his Bachelors of Science in Business Administration from the University of La Verne. Ryan has a strong passion for marketing and the real estate industry while leading and managing all online marketing efforts for Max Cash Home Offers.