Selling Your House Without a Realtor in Las Vegas
Thinking about selling your own home in Las Vegas? Selling a home without a realtor in Las Vegas has a number of benefits, but it also can be quite a bit of work.
Hiring a realtor means that you don’t have to worry about listing, marketing, and showing your home. But you often must pay 6-7% or more of your home’s value as a commission, so it’s quite expensive.
The best way to avoid this fee is to sell your home on your own, or to sell it to a cash buyer. In this article, we’ll examine these methods of selling your home without a realtor, and discuss the benefits of selling your house without a realtor in Las Vegas.
Can I Sell My Own House Without A Realtor?
Yes! Typically, this is known as a “For Sale By Owner” Sale, or FSBO. In an FSBO sale, the owner takes care of all of the primary responsibilities of a realtor, such as listing the home on the Multiple Listing Service (MLS), marketing and showing the home, negotiating offers, and closing the deal.
While it takes a bit of work, you will enjoy a number of different benefits if you sell your house without a realtor in Las Vegas.
The Benefits Of Selling Your House Without A Realtor
Curious about some of the benefits of selling a house without a real estate agent? Here are the top benefits of an FSBO/cash sale!
- Save on commission – You don’t have to pay a commission to your selling agent, so you avoid spending 6-7% or more on a sales commission. This puts more money in your pocket, and allows you to benefit from your investment in your home.
- More money in your pocket, even if you have low equity – If you have low equity in your home, closing costs, real estate commissions, and other fees can mean you end up with almost no money after a sale.
For example, if you have a $500,000 home in Vegas, and have $450,000 left on your loan, you will still have to pay about $28,000 in sales fees to your agent. You will also have to pay closing costs and quite a few other fees. This could leave you without much extra cash post-sale, after you repay your mortgage.
However, if you don’t hire an agent, you will be able to pocket that extra $28,000 – and use it towards your down payment on a new home!
- Higher overall sales price – Because you no longer have to factor the agent’s fee into the price of the home, you can ask for a higher overall sales price, and still have your home remain attractive to buyers.
- You control your own expenses – You can easily sell your own home for just a few thousand dollars – or even less, in some cases! You control what you spend on ads, open houses, and other expenses.
What Do I Need Do To Sell My Own House “For Sale By Owner” In Las Vegas?
A For Sale By Owner sale essentially requires you to act as your own realtor. You’ll need to:
- Price your home – You can price your home yourself, or hire a home assessor to get a reasonable estimate for your home’s value.
- List it on the MLS – The MLS lists 99% of all “For Sale” properties in the U.S. You can find a listing agent by Googling. They’ll list your home for a small commission of a few hundred dollars.
- Market your property – It’s up to you to market your property! Make signs, flyers, digital ads, share information about your home on Facebook – whatever you think will be effective.
- Hold open houses and showings – You’ll need to schedule and conduct open houses, as well as individual showings for interested buyers.
- Negotiate offers – Once an offer comes in, it’s up to you to create and send a counter-offer, accept it, or reject it.
- Close the deal – Did you get an offer you like? It’s time to close the deal. We recommend hiring a real estate attorney at this point, even for an FSBO sale. There is a lot of complex paperwork involved, so the expense of hiring an attorney for a few hours is worth the investment.
- Ensure you’re complying with all relevant laws – Finally, you’ll want to make sure all applicable local rules, regulations, and laws are complied with during your sale. Again, you’ll need a real estate lawyer for this.
That’s it! It takes a bit of work, but an FSBO sale is possible for just about any homeowner in Las Vegas!
Selling Your Home To A Cash Buyer – Faster Sale, Fewer Headaches!
Not interested in the work that goes into an FSBO sale? We don’t blame you! Luckily, there is another option for selling your house without a realtor in Las Vegas. You can sell your house to a cash buyer!
Cash buyers, such as Max Cash Home Offers, buy homes of all types, sizes, and conditions – for cash! You get your money almost immediately, without having to deal with listing your home, marketing it, showing it, or negotiating an offer.
Best of all, you still save money on real estate commission fees, so more money goes into your pocket. If you don’t want to use a realtor in Vegas, a cash sale of your home is the best way to sell your home – fast!
Use This Guide To Sell Your House Without A Realtor
Whether you’re thinking about an FSBO sale, or you’re interested in selling your house in Las Vegas for cash, this guide is sure to help! Once you understand the benefits of selling a home without a realtor, you’re sure to make the right decision for your particular situation.
Max Cash Home Offers offers instant cash offers on houses nationwide. We do not provide legal or financial advice. For information on foreclosure, eviction or any other legal situation make sure you contact a local attorney.
Author: Ryan Cruz
Ryan received his Bachelors of Science in Business Administration from the University of La Verne. Ryan has a strong passion for marketing and the real estate industry while leading and managing all online marketing efforts for Max Cash Home Offers.